Self-Explanatory

Self-Explanatory
just one of my hats.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

just the latest and greatest....


Ella and I made some fantastic chocolate cupcakes the other day (recipe compliments of my friend Mary). This is actually an original recipe straight from her kitchen - she's quite the patient and creative one. I've decided that the golden ticket(s) for perfectly rich, decadent, moist chocolate cupcakes are the sour cream and bold coffee that perk up the recipe (no pun intended - really). Anyway, all that to say that this moment was captured while one very sweet-toothed toddler was most likely contemplating just how much homemade chocolate frosting she could fit into her cheeks in one bite.

Ahem.

And on another day, in another part of the house, with the other tyke, I had an impromptu photo shoot (a habit as of late) when said younger tyke decided to take half as long of a snooze as the sweet-toothed one. I mean really, what to do with that adorable face but take pictures of it?? Please.





Lastly, and a bit random....I have to say I've been a bit overwhelmed (in a positive way) by the kindness, generosity, and patience of my friends and acquaintances from small group/church in the past week. What I now begrudgingly refer to as the "Debbie Downer Doldrums" attacked in full force on Mother's Day and made for an unpleasant beginning to that week, which sort of carried on into the next....until I found myself in a bit of a teary mess on the phone with a girlfriend who I've known a relatively short while....but I do believe she was providentially prompted to take that phone call, and to listen in her sweet, caring, quiet way, and to pick me up with a gentle pep talk so that I DID make the play date with the kids, thus letting a bit of sunshine into their day and mine. When you really think about it, she was my sunshine...for her and for the sympathetic ears at our small group, I am so grateful, and I know Nick is as well.
Take that, Debbie Downer. Geesh.
-A Changing Woman

1 comment:

  1. Debbie Downer sure has some cute kiddos! Love that picture of Miss E, she is so photogenic. R isn't too bad either!

    Wish we could have been there Monday night...but so glad the group was able to be there for you.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete