Self-Explanatory

Self-Explanatory
just one of my hats.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

So A Couple Of Things


first off: i was re-reading my post from the other day and felt a bit sheepish about it. i think i may have the corner on run-on sentences, which can be kind of confusing for my readers. i'd like to think that someday i will find a medication for ADD that works for me....and when that long-awaited day arrives, my posts may be more user-friendly. 'til then...you'll just have to bear with the sporadic, intermittent references to things that seem to be related to NOTHING i'm writing about, but are like exponential tangents that have found their way out of this crazy, 5,000 mph brain of mine. lucky me. lucky you.


and lucky me for many other reasons, not the least of which being my very dear, sweet, generous friend Amy who not only cared for my Lil Punkin so i could be available at the good ol' mom and pop coffee shop 'round the corner (read: billion dollar chain Starbucks) but transformed my kitchen from something resembling the aftermath of Katrina to *sigh* something livable. live-able? no, livable! not sure on that one...any takers? anyway. i suppose in light of this less terrifyingly cluttered and altogether crusty corner of my house, i should be starting on the Chocolate sandwich cookie recipe i snagged from my mom the other day. mmmm....Chocolate....yes, Chocolate does get its very own capital letter because, well, Chocolate just deserves it. you MUST agree. Chocolate and i have a very special relationship. Chocolate and i go WAY back....don't even know when we began an item, really....just kind of fell into it, i suppose. unfortunately, i had to take a brief (read: interminable) hiatus from any Chocolate-related activities b/c Lil Punkin's tummy couldn't handle it while i was nursing. my husband can attest that those were dark days. i think the entire family is most likely better for Chocolate's re-entry into my life. but, i digress. back to the recipe. suffice it to say: i'll post pics of the sandwich cookies when they get themselves made. the pictures will most likely be taken in the 5 seconds between the cookies being sandwiched and being inhaled by my family and packaged to spread 'round the neighborhood and taken to the coffee shop.


*sigh* - that's enough for today, except to report that my delightful, british humor-loving, dry-witted, bit younger, former co-worker neighbor just got home, probly from class. he'll probly be real happy to learn that i've taken to posting his comings and leavings if he ever reads this. hey d -if you ARE reading this - sandwich cookies coming your way shortly.


keep it a great monday.

1 comment:

  1. thank you, ang. they are delicious. i love the blog. d~

    ReplyDelete